Is God Really Watching Over Us? The Blessings of a Crisis
神真正地看護我們嗎 Is God Really Watching Over Us? The Blessings of a Crisis
My Sermon Notes from March 29, 2020 Full Text: 詩篇 Psalm 121
1 I lift up my eyes to the mountains—
where does my help come from?
2 My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of heaven and earth.
3 He will not let your foot slip—
he who watches over you will not slumber;
4 indeed, he who watches over Israel
will neither slumber nor sleep.
5 The Lord watches over you—
the Lord is your shade at your right hand;
6 the sun will not harm you by day,
nor the moon by night.
7 The Lord will keep you from all harm—
he will watch over your life;
8 the Lord will watch over your coming and going
both now and forevermore.
1. How can Christians who professed being his followers make a difference in this crisis?
2. In Psalm 121, we acknowledge that Our help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth. How does He watch over us according to David?
3. When difficult situations arises, and our feelings start to dictate how we think, say, and act, what should we do?
4. What are the 6 possible reasons that God allows crisis in our lives?
5. Kindly discuss and meditate on these two quotations.
A. The presence of crisis does not mean the absence of God.
B. If earth was such a perfect place, then we would not long for heaven.
6. Memorize Psalm 121. And claim God’s promises.