My Sermon Notes from March 8, 2020 Full Text: Colossians 1:15-23
15 愛子是那不能看見之神的像，是首生的，在一切被造的以先。16 因為萬
造的。 17 他在萬有之先，萬有也靠他而立。 18 他也是教會全體之首。他
是元始，是從死裡首先復生的，使他可以在凡事上居首位， 19 因為父喜
歡叫一切的豐盛在他裡面居住。 20 既然藉著他在十字架上所流的血成就
你們從前與神隔絕，因著惡行，心裡與他為敵； 22 但如今他藉著基督的
你們引到自己面前。 23 只要你們在所信的道上恆心，根基穩固，堅定不
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all
things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or
powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is
before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the
church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he
might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, 20
and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in
heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross. 21 Once you were alienated
from God and were enemies in your minds because of your evil behavior. 22 But now he has
reconciled you by Christ’s physical body through death to present you holy in his sight,
without blemish and free from accusation— 23 if you continue in your faith, established and
firm, and do not move from the hope held out in the gospel. This is the gospel that you heard
and that has been proclaimed to every creature under heaven, and of which I, Paul, have
become a servant.
(歌羅西書 Colossians 1:15-23)
I. True Christ and Creation
1. How should we thank Him for sustaining our earth?
2. Suggest practical ways to preserve the cleanliness (minimize pollution) of our earth?
II. True Christ and the Church
1. Acknowledging Christ as Head of the Church, how can we pray and let Him exercise
His Headship in the Church?
2. Can we cite some of His presence (He is dwelling in us) in our church? If not, visible,
how do we let it happen?
III. True Christ and the Believers
1. The true Christ who is in us through the Holy Spirit will “transformed” us into His
likeness? Share some for your actual life changes.
2. All of us will be presented (Col. 1:22b) to Him, share to the group how to be stable
and steadfast in the faith.
Link to First Service Message (True Faith in Christ): http://www.jec.org.ph/sermons/true-faith-in-christ/